Washington, DC (March 13, 2015) – CoSN
(the Consortium for School Networking) today announced its 2015-2016 Board of Directors.
The announcement arrives just days before the start of CoSN’s 2015 Conference, which will explore how school leaders can make the digital leap and transform learning.
The board of directors is the governing body that serves CoSN’s members and strengthens the organization. CoSN members elect the board to serve three-year terms.
“The efforts of CoSN’s board were on full display this past year, helping district technology leaders and the entire K-12 landscape achieve landmark policy wins and amplify the role of digital learning. While we cannot thank our retiring board members enough for their support and commitment, we are excited to welcome ‘aboard’ a new, deserving group of proven education leaders,” said Mike Jamerson, CoSN Chair, and Director of Technology, Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation (Columbus, IN).
CoSN’s 2015-2016 Board of Directors comprises:
- Mike Jamerson, CoSN Chair, and Director of Technology, Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation (IN)
- Donna Williamson, CoSN Secretary, and Technology Director, Mountain Brook City Board of Education (AL)
- Jean Tower, CoSN Past Chair, and Director of Technology, and Public Schools of Northborough & Southborough (MA)
- Tom B. Ryan, CoSN Treasurer, and President of eMMERSION Learning (NM)
- Sheryl Abshire, Chief Technology Officer, Calcasieu Parish Public Schools (LA)
- Greg DeYoung, Chief Information Officer and Executive Director for Information Technology, Blue Valley USD #229 (KS)
- Mark Edwards, Superintendent, Mooresville Graded School District (NC)
- Michael Flood, Vice President, Education Markets, Kajeet, Inc.*
- Pete Just, CETL, Chief Technology Officer, MSD of Wayne Township (IN)
- Lillian Kellogg, Vice President, Client Services, Education Networks of America
- Steve Langford, Chief Information Officer, Beaverton School District (OR)*
- Vicki Lyons, Director, Technology Services, School District of La Crosse (WI)
- Nicholas G. Mirisis, Director, Marketing & Business Development, SchoolDude.com
- Lenny Schad, Chief Information Officer, Houston ISD (TX)
- Melissa Tebbenkamp, Director of Instructional Technology, Raytown Consolidated School District 2 (MO)*
[*Newly elected board members]
Retiring from the CoSN board are: Ray Eernisse, CETL, Chief Information Officer, Francis Howell, R-III School District (MO); Walter L. “Luke” Fox, Executive Director of Information Technology, Richland County School District One (SC); Vince Humes; Director of Technology Solutions and Services, Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit; and Kathy Hurley, Co-Founder and Co-Chair of the Board of Directors, Girls Thinking Global.
For more about the CoSN Conference in Atlanta, March 16
, please visit cosnconference.org
or following along at #CoSN15.